Church of the Transfiguration in the settlement of Chernavino.
There is a large number of ancient temples in the Volkhov district of the Leningrad Region, where the comfortable recreation facility "Staroladozhskaya dacha" is located. One of them is located in the settlement of Chernavino - it is brick Church of the Transfiguration – out of service temple with the rich and difficult history.
Stone Church of the Transfiguration in Chernavino has been constructed in the modern look on the place of the wooden temple which had been taken away in monastery of the island of Valaam, approximately in 1857. Dates of construction of brick church in sources can differ, but often the period from 1864 to 1871 is stated. During this period duties of the Russian patriarch were fulfilled by Joachim, and Fedor Alekseyevich ruled the country.
The temple today, in the dilapidated state, has kept the initial outlines - it is squared church, with graceful and strict lines. The dome of Church of the Saviour has been destroyed in the forties the 20th century, then the temple was closed for parishioners and returned to them only at the beginning of this century.
Today tourists seldom visit Church of the Transfiguration in Chernavino. However it will be easy for guests of recreation facility "Staroladozhskaya dacha" to get there and to examine the temple, - one of the most interesting in the Volkhov district.